Recently, I went to Garam, a Korean Restaurant in Beltsville. They offer a lunch sushi buffet, with other delectable items on their buffet line. Although this was my first time to this place, I believe that Garam is one of those places that will last because the food is good. I say this because the location is, in a word, crap. The place is right off of Route 1, but you can easily miss it, because it's part of a strip mall and it's a little hidden away from plain sight.
I don't have many pictures of this place, but please appreciate these pictures like me.
The sushi was good. There was quite a variety and I love the cute ahjumma making everything behind the bar. The salmon nigiri sushi was delicious (which is what I really care about anyway).
From the picture, the buffet line is not that impressive, but what it contains was so delish. Let's see if I remember all of the food:Not shown in the picture was a table that laid clean plates, bowls, spoons and forks/knives for non-chopstick eaters, a large rice cooker with Korean sticky white rice, large soup containers of one miso soup and one a variation of poor man's galbi tang.
The buffet, for lack of a better word, thing on the left had gampoongi (sweet/spicy chicken lollipops), dukkboki (spicy rice cake), mandoo (fried pork dumplings), fried rice. There were more choices, but my mind is being selective right now and can't remember half of what was in that table.
The buffet table in the middle had various cold dishes: your standard kimchi (pickled cabbage), spicy soba noodles, sliced pork feet (I think?), lettuce seasoned with sesame oil, and orange slices for dessert.
The buffet table on the far right not pictured had the more meaty items: galbi (marinated beef short ribs), Japanese style BBQ chicken, spicy pork, onion and sweet potato tempura.
There were definitely more foods that I am not including in this post, but those are the ones that I remember trying and was pleased.
Below is the information for the restaurant. They have a Lunch Sushi Buffet Mon-Sun 11:30am - 2:30pm and a BBQ Buffet at night after 5 pm.
| GARAM | 5027 GarettAvenue, Beltsville, MD | 301-595-4122 |


No comments:
Post a Comment