I think my new favorite restaurant has to be Farmers & Fishers at the Georgetown Waterfront. Not only is the food amazing, the ideology is just so different from other restaurants. The following blip below is taken from the F&F website.Welcome to the new Farmers & Fishers – an evolution of the “Farmers” brand – where we continue the delicious farmer-approved fresh flavors established by our sister restaurant, Founding Farmers! We offer a great, casual approach to enjoyable, easy to eat, and flavorful foods and drink inspired by the best of American regional cooking, from coast to coast.
Owned by Founding Farmers and the North Dakota Farmers’ Union, Farmers & Fishers brings the same casual farmhouse and farmer-inspired attitude and dedication to the use and promotion of sustainable agriculture to the waterfront. The menu features original, meticulously crafted delicious dishes inspired by culinary regions of the U.S., from the New England coast to the great Southwest, Napa Valley to the mid-West. The dining experience here is relaxed and delicious, and a great value. Families, groups, and parties are always welcome to our unique spaces, in the front dining room or in any of our special private dining spaces. Wherever you are, we’ll make sure you’re comfortable and well taken care of!
I had the pleasure of sitting at the bar with my house-mate. She knew the bartender and he entertained us with how his experience has been at the restaurant. The view was incredible. It was really cold and slightly wet that day, so we didn't get to explore as much, but just the view was enough for me. So unto the meal ..
We started off with hand-made guacamole and home-made tortillas. Eddie, the bartender, did most of the ordering for us. He made the guac in front of us and talked about how customers will come and trust their servers more when they see their food mixed right before their eyes. I agree with that statement. I'm taking a second look at the picture and realize that you can't really see the dip. Please forgive me... I took the pictures rather late into the appetizer and most of it was gone. But believe me when I say the guacamole was quite enjoyable. You can taste the freshness and ripeness of the avocado. The tortilla chips was home-made as well, with bits of sea salt and fresh ground pepper sprinkled on them.
While we were waiting for entrées, Eddie charmed us with F&F's in-house infused liquor/wines. Spirits are infused with various teas, juices and syrups. The "Tiger Woods" is a sweet tea infused vodka. The first carafe is infused with chai tea leaves. Eddie was telling them that the tea leaves are handpicked by a specialist, as well as their coffee beans. We didn't try any of the spirits, but one day I will...
From the breads to the drinks, many ingredients in the restaurant are made in-house. Being the awesome bartender that he is, he made us the house-made Ginger-Ale. I'd like to say that after drinking his ginger-ale, I would never go back to the same old Canada Dry, but I can't drive all the way down to G-town for such luxury. Farmers & Fishers don't believe in using the fountain soda method, so far most carbonated drinks, they will use bottled soda water and add their fresh juices and syrups. He also made a concoction of raspberry juice and cucumber water, which was very refreshing. Now, that I will have to try at home.
By the time the main foods came out, I was so full and entertained that I only ate half of my meal. But it was so delicious. Everything just melted in my mouth. I ordered the Farmer's Butter Burger. It is ground top sirloin grilled on melted butter, then sandwiched in between one of the best breads I ever had in my life, brushed with a special sauce and topped with lettuce and bread&butter pickles. Even without the special sauce, the burger was so flavorful that you do not need any condiments. The fries were okay. Out of the whole experience, my only complaint was the fries, which were too salty for my taste. My house-mate had the bartender choose her main dish which was this great crab cake sandwich (sorry, picture not included).


No comments:
Post a Comment